- Georgia Government Publications
- Executive order, 1983 January 19
- Georgia. Governor
- Atlanta, Ga. : Georgia. Governor
- Date of Original:
- Executive orders--Georgia--Periodicals
- United States, Georgia, 32.75042, -83.50018
- executive orders
- Executive order signed by the Governor of Georgia
- Local Identifier:
- GA G600 .S1 E9 1983/1-19
- Metadata URL:
- Digital Object URL:
- Holding Institution:
- University of Georgia. Map and Government Information Library
60 ~1 E
SEP 1 4 2004 DOCUMENTs UGA USRAR'ES
The Education Amendments of 1976 to the Higher ~d1,1cation
Act of 1965 and the Vocational EducationAct 6f 196;3
(Public Law 94-48~) authorize technical and,financial
assistance to the State.for. the purpose of~~evel~ing
and implementing a comprehensive occupational:~infqrma
tion system that will meet the common neeas'f~T the~
planning for, and operation of, programs ofthe.. State
Board assisted under the Education Amend~ents of 1976
and of the administering agencies under the Comprehensive
Employment and Training Act of 1973; and
The Education Amendments of 1976 provide that States
desiring technical and financial assistance ..as authorized
by said Act are required to establish a State occupational
information coordinating comnittee to be composed-of
representatives of the State Board of Vocational.Edu-
cation, the State Employment Security Agency) .the State
Manpower Services Council, and the agency administering
the Vocational Reh'abiiitation program.
NOH, THEREFORE, PURSUAt'IT TO THE AUTHORITY yRSTED IN' }lli AS GOVE~'OR OF THE STATE OF GEORGIA, IT IS HEREBY
That the Georgia State Occupational Informaibn~ Coordinating Comwittee, hereinafter referred-to as the: Committee, be created and comp'Qsed of the .following:..
A represe_ tative of the State Board of Education
A Chief Ad~inistrative Officer of the State Employment Security Agency or his designee
The Direct r or the Georgia Employment and Training Councilor his designee
ORDERED: . ORDERED:
The Director of the Division of Vocational Rehabilitation, Department of Human Resources or his designee
The Director of the State Advisory Council for Vocational Education or his designee
The Director of the State Office of Planning and Budget or his designee
The Commissioner of the Department of Industry and Trade or his designee
The Chancellor of the University System of Georgia or his designee
The Director of the Georgia Postsecondary Education Commission or his designee
, That Don R. Bryant serve as Chairman of the Committee.
That an Advisory Council to the Georgia State Occupational Information Coordinating Committee, hereinafter referred to as the Council, be and the same is hereby created to be composed of the following:
4 representatives of business/industry; 2 from labor and 2 from management
1 representative from Georgia's Area Technical Vocational Schools
I representative from Georgia's Secondary Vocational Education
1 representative from the Georgia Career Information System
2 At-large citizens.
IT IS FURTHER
(1) That the Advisory Council members shall be appointed by the Governor to serve one-year terms.
(2) That in the event that any of the persons named above be unable to serve, the Governor shall name a successor.
III ~~nn~ l~n~llllrl~l~lfl~~1111
3 2108 05387 6184
(3) That the Governor may name such other persons to the Georgia State Occupational Information Coordinating Committee and/or the Advisory Council as he feels necessary and appropriate.
IT IS "FURTHER
(1) That the Committee shall submit a written report to the Governor on all activities undertaken by the Committee on an annual basis.
(2) That the Committee shall be attached for administrative purposes only to the Department of Labor.
(3) That the Advisory Council shall meet at such time and place as the Committee shall determine necessary.
This 19th day of January, 1983.
ATTEST: CHIEF ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER