- "Thar's gold in them thar hills": Gold and Gold Mining in Georgia, 1830s-1940s
- Sworn statement of A. Rudolph, 1869 Jan. 7
- Rudolph, Amzi
- Date of Original:
- Augusta and Dahlonega Gold Mining Company
Dispute resolution (Law)
- United States, Georgia, Lumpkin County, Dahlonega, 34.53259, -83.98491
- Sworn statement of A. Rudolph, agent of the Augusta & Dahlonega Gold Mining Company, taken by McDuffie R. Morse, dated January 7, 1869. Rudolph claims ownership of a Lumpkin County land lot, asserting that Jasper Gayden's claim to ownership is not in good faith. A note at the end of the document indicates ownership ends up being assigned to a third party, R. Archer, by deputy sheriff J. C. Early.
A project of the Digital Library of Georgia in association with the Lumpkin County Library, Chestatee Regional Library System as part of Georgia HomePLACE. This project is supported with federal LSTA funds administered by the Institute of Museum and Library Services through the Georgia Public Library Service, a unit of the Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia.
- Local Identifier:
- Metadata URL:
- Digital Object URL:
- Bibliographic Citation (Cite As):
- Cite as: [title of item], [title of series, if applicable], Madeleine K. Anthony Collection, Chestatee Regional Library System, Lumpkin County Branch, presented in the Digital Library of Georgia
-  p.
- Original Collection:
- Manuscript held by the Chestatee Regional Library System, Lumpkin County Branch, Madeleine K. Anthony Collection, box III-1, folder 9.
- Holding Institution:
- Lumpkin County Library
Georgia Lumpkin County
In person appeared before the undersigned one of the Justice of the Peace in and for Said County A Rudolph Agent of the [deleted text: D] Augusta and Dahlonega Gold Mining Company Who being duly sworn Saith that he doth bonafide claim the Right of Possession to lot of Land Number eight Hundred [deleted text: an] Seventy eight in the twelfth (12) of the first (1) Section of originally Cherokee Now Lumpkin County and that Said lot of land is in the possession of Jasper Gayden Who does not in good faith claim a right to Such possession and yet refuses to abandon the same although required so to do
[Signed] A. Rudolph
Agt. [Agent] Aug. [Augusta] & Dahlonega Gold Mining Co. [Company]
Sworn to and Subscribed before me this Jany [January] 7 1869 [unclear text: McDuffie R Morse] J D [Juris Doctor (?)]
Executed the [unclear text: matter] by putting Mr R Archer in free and full possession of the Land in dispute
Jan [January] 8 1869 J C Early Dep [Deputy] Shff [Sheriff]
Page: [p. 2, bottom margin]
A Rudolph ag [agent] of the A & D Co [Augusta & Dahlonega Company] vs [versus] Gayden
Warrant for the possession of Land