- "Thar's gold in them thar hills": Gold and Gold Mining in Georgia, 1830s-1940s
- Letter: Manzano, New Mexico to Wier Boyd, Dahlonega, Georgia, 1882 Feb. 8
- Hungerford, William Sumner, 1854-1904
- Date of Original:
- Gold mines and mining--Georgia--Dahlonega
Cincinnati Mining Company
Collecting of accounts--Georgia--Dahlonega
Money orders--New Mexico--Socorro
Boyd, Wier G., 1820-1893
- United States, Georgia, Lumpkin County, Dahlonega, 34.53259, -83.98491
United States, New Mexico, Socorro County, Socorro, 34.0583995, -106.8914159
- letters (correspondence)
- Letter from W. S. Hungerford to Wier Boyd, dated February 8, 1882. Hungerford reminds Boyd to send him the balance of $50 still due on the sale of the Cincinnati Mining Company property. He adds that he would prefer a bank draft or money order addressed to his new address in Socorro, New Mexico, but assures Boyd that letters sent to Colorado will be forwarded.
A project of the Digital Library of Georgia in association with the Lumpkin County Library, Chestatee Regional Library System as part of Georgia HomePLACE. This project is supported with federal LSTA funds administered by the Institute of Museum and Library Services through the Georgia Public Library Service, a unit of the Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia.
- Local Identifier:
- Metadata URL:
- Digital Object URL:
- Bibliographic Citation (Cite As):
- Cite as: [title of item], [title of series, if applicable], Madeleine K. Anthony Collection, Chestatee Regional Library System, Lumpkin County Branch, presented in the Digital Library of Georgia
-  p.
- Holding Institution:
- Lumpkin County Library
Manzano N.M. [New Mexico] Febr. [February] 8th 1882
Col. [Colonel] Wier [Wier] Boyd Dahlonega Ga. [Georgia]
I beg leave to call your attention to the small ballance [balance] due me of about $5000 on the sale of the Cincinnati Co [Company] 's property and wish you would send me the money as I would like to have it to use. You can send a bank draft or money order to the address given below although all letters sent to my former address in Colorado will be forwarded.
[Signed] W. S. Hungerford
Socorro Co. [County]