- "Thar's gold in them thar hills": Gold and Gold Mining in Georgia, 1830s-1940s
- Receipt issued by Cecil R. Sovey to the Dahlonega Gold Mining and Milling Company for gold bullion, 1911 Oct. 10
- Sovey, Cecil R.
- Date of Original:
- Dahlonega Gold Mining and Milling Company
Mines and mineral resources--Georgia--Dahlonega
Gold mines and mining--Georgia--Dahlonega
Carmichael, P. P.
- United States, Georgia, Lumpkin County, Dahlonega, 34.53259, -83.98491
- receipts (financial records)
- Receipt issued by Cecil R. Sovey to the Dahlonega Gold Mining & Milling Co. for gold bullion, dated October 10, 1911.
A project of the Digital Library of Georgia in association with the Lumpkin County Library, Chestatee Regional Library System as part of Georgia HomePLACE. This project is supported with federal LSTA funds administered by the Institute of Museum and Library Services through the Georgia Public Library Service, a unit of the Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia.
- Local Identifier:
- Metadata URL:
- Digital Object URL:
- Bibliographic Citation (Cite As):
- Cite as: [title of item], [title of series, if applicable], Graham C. Dugas Calhoun Gold Mine papers, Chestatee Regional Library System, Lumpkin County Branch, presented in the Digital Library of Georgia
-  p.
- Holding Institution:
- Lumpkin County Library
[This document contains stamped, handwritten, and printed text.]
[written text: Dahlonega Ga. [Georgia]] [written text: Oct 10th] [printed text: 19] [written text: 11]
[printed text: RECEIVED of] Dahlonega Gold Mining & Milling Co. [Company] [written text: P. P. Carmichael] Supt. [Superintendent] at Mines
[written text: 164 Dwt [pennyweights] Gold at 95 per Dwt [pennyweight]] [printed text: Dollars]
[written text:] Amounting to (156 25/xx)
One Hundred and Fifty-Six and 20/100 Dollars
$156 25 -- ]
[ Note: This page is a receipt issued by Cecil R. Sovey to P. P. Carmichael, Superintendent of Mines at Dahlonega Gold Mining & Milling Co., for gold bullion. The word "RECEIVED" appears in a decorative print on the left. ]
[Signed] [written text: C. R. Sovey]
[written text: add 24 Dwt [pennyweights] given Wm [William] Lemley for C R Sovey about Nov 1st 1911]