- Clark Atlanta University Faculty Publications
- K-shell Photoionization of Atomic Cl
- Felfli, Zineb
Manson, Steven T.
Msezane, Alfred Z.
- Date of Original:
- African Americans--Education (Higher)--Georgia
Clark Atlanta University
- United States, Georgia, Fulton County, Atlanta, 33.749, -84.38798
- Recent measurements of the photoionization of atomic Cl in the vicinity of the 1s thresholds have motivated the present R-matrix calculation which takes into account relativistic effects via the Breit-Pauli operator. The computer code CIV3 of Hibbert and Glass and Hibbert, which also includes relativistic effects, is used to obtain the discrete wavefunctions. These are constructed with orbitals generated from a carefully-chosen large scale configuration interaction expansion. The open-shell nature of the Cl atom translates into the existence of actually four 1s thresholds, 3Po 0,1,2 and 1P 1. The results are analyzed with particular focus on the resonances leading up to the four thresholds, and the various effects that dominate the cross sections in this energy range are unraveled.
- Metadata URL:
- Original Collection:
- Journal of Physics: Conference Series 635 (2015)
- Holding Institution:
- Atlanta University Center Robert W. Woodruff Library