Roosevelt Warm Springs Vocational Rehabilitation Campus

Logo for Roosevelt Warm Springs Vocational Rehabilitation Campus
Founded by Franklin Delano Roosevelt in 1927 as a polio treatment center, the Roosevelt Warm Springs Vocational Rehabilitation Campus is a comprehensive rehabilitation center dedicated to service, technological advancement, program diversity, research opportunities, continuing education, and future development on behalf of persons with disabilities. Each year the Roosevelt Warm Springs Vocational Rehabilitation Campus serves approximately four thousand individuals with all types of disabilities. The Roosevelt Warm Springs Vocational Rehabilitation Campus is one of only eight state-managed rehabilitation centers in the country, and the entire campus is a National Historic Landmark District.


Parent Institution:
Georgia. Department of Vocational Rehabilitation
Location:
6135 Roosevelt Hwy Warm Springs, GA 31830
Phone:
+1-706-655-5001

Collections

Name Description
Selections from the Records of the Georgia Warm Springs Foundation, 1924-1974 Black-and-white photographs, annual reports, newsletters, and motion pictures depicting Georgia Warm Springs Foundation as a health resort and its role in polio treatment research and rehabilitation for the disabled from 1924 to 1974.