Roswell Historical Society (Ga.)

Logo for Roswell Historical Society (Ga.)
The Roswell Historical Society, established in 1971, is Roswell’s oldest historic preservation organization. Over the last forty years the Society has amassed considerable holdings of historically significant materials and artifacts which are recorded and preserved at the Research Library and Archives, and often displayed around Roswell. The Society has had many homes, including Allenbrook, the Smith Plantation, and the lower level of the old City Hall, which is currently the Visitors Center. In 2011, the Society moved to its present location on the second floor of the Roswell Cultural Arts Center, which united the Society’s office with the Research Library and Archives.


Location:
​Roswell Historical Society/City of Roswell Research Library & Archives Roswell Cultural Arts Center 950 Forrest Street, 2nd floor Roswell, GA 30075
Phone:
+1-770-594-6405

Collections

Name Description
Charles Grogan Collection Photographs related to the Grogan and Strickland Families of Roswell dating from 1880 to 2006
Copeland Family Collection Photographs related to the Copeland Family of Roswell dating from 1860 to 1945
Linda Coleman Kemp Collection Materials from 1919 related to Methodist Episcopal Church in Roswell, Georgia
Nancy Davidson Collection Materials from 1905 to 1925 related to Roswell, Georgia