- New Georgia Encyclopedia
- J.J. Brown
Populist Party (Ga.)
Georgia. Dept. of Agriculture--Officials and employees
Brown, John Judson, 1865-1953
- United States, Georgia, Hart County, 34.3508983, -82.9642476
- black-and-white photographs
- Photograph of J. J. Brown. He wears a suit and bow tie and faces forward. Brown served as Georgia's commissioner of agriculture for five consecutive terms, from 1917 to 1927.
A Hart County, Georgia native, Brown worked as a farmer and small-business owner before beginning his political career under the guidance of Populist leader Thomas E. Watson.
- Metadata URL:
- Rights Holder:
- Courtesy of Watson-Brown Foundation, Inc.
- Additional Rights Information:
- Please contact holding institution for information regarding use and copyright status.
- Holding Institution:
- New Georgia Encyclopedia (Project)