- New Georgia Encyclopedia
- SAM shortline
Plains (Ga.)--Buildings, structures, etc.
Carter, Jimmy, 1924-
- United States, Georgia, Sumter County, Plains, 32.0340508, -84.3926912
- color photographs
- Photograph of former president Jimmy Carter waving from the engine of the SAM Shortline Excursion Train at the depot in Plains, Georgia. A small white depot stands next to the engine, which is painted blue and yellow. The vintage train runs from Archery to Cordele, with stops in Plains, Americus, Leslie, and the Georgia Veterans State Park.
- Metadata URL:
- Rights Holder:
- Courtesy of Georgia Department of Economic Development. Please do not use any images without permission.
- Additional Rights Information:
- Please contact holding institution for information regarding use and copyright status.
- Holding Institution:
- New Georgia Encyclopedia (Project)