- Cobb NAACP/Civil Rights Series
- Interview with Randolph and Geraldine Scott, 2009 October 26
- Bell, Matt, 1960-
- Contributor to Resource:
- Mez, Eric
Scott, Thomas Allan, 1943-
- Interview with Randolph and Geraldine Scott, 2009-10-26, Cobb NAACP/Civil Rights series, 2009-2010, Kennesaw State University Oral History Project, 1973- , KSU/45/05/001, Kennesaw State University Archives.
- Date of Original:
- Civil rights movements--Georgia--Cobb County
National Association for the Advancement of Colored People. Cobb County Branch--History
African American civil rights workers--Georgia--Cobb County--Interviews
Martin Luther King, Jr., National Historic Site (Atlanta, Ga.)--History
- Scott, Geraldine
- United States, Georgia, Cobb County, 33.9414626, -84.5766729
- oral histories (literary works)
- Randolph Scott was born in Norfolk, Virginia. He received a B.A. in History from Norfolk State University before accepting a teaching position at Central High School in Heathsville, Virginia, which was a predominantly African American school. Dr. Scott was teaching during the integration of the school system and eventually moved to Northumberland High School, which was a predominantly white school. He accepted a position the Job Corps program, working in a variety of locations, and then the National Park Service. His last assignment was with the Martin Luther King, Jr. National Historic Site in Atlanta, Georgia, where he was the first African American Superintendent. Dr. Scott earned an M.S. in Sociology from Atlanta University and in 1990 retired from the park service. He attended the Andersonville Baptist Seminary in Andersonville, Georgia, earning a Ph.D. in Theology. Since that time he has served as the Associate Minister at Pleasant Grove Baptist Church in Marietta, Georgia. Geraldine Scott has served as the Assistant Secretary for the Cobb County Branch of the NAACP, participating in community activities, including voter registration and membership drives.
Interviewed by Eric Mez and Matt Bell in Marietta, Georgia on October 26, 2009.
- Local Identifier:
- Metadata URL:
- Rights Holder:
- The digital reproductions on this site are provided for research consultation and scholarly purposes only. To request permission to publish, reproduce, publicly display, broadcast, or distribute this material in any format outside of fair use please contact the Kennesaw State University Archives.
- Holding Institution:
- Kennesaw State University. Department of Archives, Rare Books and Records Management