- Mrs. William Gayle photographs, circa 1953
- Peachtree Creek Battle
- Mrs. William Gayle Photographs, Kenan Research Center, Atlanta History Center, Atlanta, GA.
- Date of Original:
United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865
- United States, Georgia, Fulton County, Atlanta, 33.749, -84.38798
- black-and-white photographs
- View of the scene where the battle at Peachtree Creek took place in what is now the Buckhead area of Atlanta, Georgia.
The Battle of Peachtree Creek was fought on July 20, 1864 during the American Civil War. The battle took place between the army of the newly appointed Lt. Gen. Hood and General William Tecumseh Sherman's army. Over six thousand people were killed in the battle, the majority of which were of Hood's army.
- Metadata URL:
- Rights Holder:
- This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U. S. Code) Permission for use must be cleared through The Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreement may be required.
- Additional Rights Information:
- Please contact holding institution for information regarding use and copyright status.
- 1 photograph : b&w ; 4 x 5 in.
- Holding Institution:
- Atlanta History Center