UDC and Kennesaw House historical marker

Collection:
Georgia Historical Markers
Title:
UDC and Kennesaw House historical marker
Creator:
Seibert, David
Date of Original:
1996/2014
Subject:
Historical markers--Georgia--Cobb County
United Daughters of the Confederacy
Location:
United States, Georgia, Cobb County, Marietta, 33.952602, -84.5499327
Medium:
photographs
Type:
StillImage
Format:
image/jpeg
Description:
Location: Kennesaw House at the railroad tracks, Marietta
Text of marker: "UDC AND KENNESAW HOUSE. The Kennesaw Chapter United Daughters of the Confederacy was organized July 29, 1898, in the parlors of the Kennesaw House on the second floor corner nearest the railroad station. Mrs. R. L. Nesbitt was elected the first president. There were forty women at the meeting. The nucleus of this chapter was the Ladies Memorial Association, formed soon after the close of the war. The nucleus of that association was the Ladies Aid, who had served the armies and soldiers of the Confederacy in field and in camp. 033-110 GEORGIA HISTORICAL COMMISSION 1956"
Metadata URL:
https://dlg.usg.edu/record/dlg_ghm_udc-and-kennesaw-house
Digital Object URL:
http://dlg.galileo.usg.edu/do:dlg_ghm_udc-and-kennesaw-house
Rights Holder:
Copyright held by David Seibert. Please contact markers@davidseibert.com about commercial reproduction and use
Holding Institution:
Digital Library of Georgia
Rights:

Locations