Fannie Askew Williams Park historical marker

Collection:
Georgia Historical Markers
Title:
Fannie Askew Williams Park historical marker
Creator:
Seibert, David
Date of Original:
1996/2014
Subject:
Historical markers--Georgia--Early County
Public spaces--Georgia--Early County
Location:
United States, Georgia, Early County, Hilton, 31.2882324, -85.0652067
Medium:
photographs
Type:
StillImage
Format:
image/jpeg
Description:
Location: Coheelee Creek Covered Bridge, Old River Rd., 2 miles from Hilton
Text of marker: "FANNIE ASKEW WILLIAMS PARK. THE FANNIE ASKEW WILLIAMS PARK, A PICNIC AREA ADJACENT TO COHEELEE CREEK COVERED BRIDGE ON OLD RIVER ROAD, IS MAINTAINED BY THE EARLY COUNTY BOARD OFCOMMISSIONERS. THE LAND WAS MADE AVAILABLE TO THE COUNTY IN 1959 BY THE LATE JOHN H. WILLIAMS, OF BLAKELY, AND BEARS THE NAME OF HIS FIRST WIFE. THE PETER EARLY CHAPTER DAR SERVES AS CUSTODIAN OF THE PARK. ERECTED BY THE HISTORIC CHATTAHOOCHEE COMMISSION AND THE EARLY COUNTY HISTORICAL SOCIETY 1980 J.J. JAXON CO. - EUFAULA, AL."
Metadata URL:
https://dlg.usg.edu/record/dlg_ghm_fannie-askew-williams-park
Digital Object URL:
http://dlg.galileo.usg.edu/do:dlg_ghm_fannie-askew-williams-park
Rights Holder:
Copyright held by David Seibert. Please contact markers@davidseibert.com about commercial reproduction and use
Holding Institution:
Digital Library of Georgia
Rights:

Locations