<oai_dc:dc xmlns:oai_dc="http://www.openarchives.org/OAI/2.0/oai_dc/" xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.openarchives.org/OAI/2.0/oai_dc/ http://www.openarchives.org/OAI/2.0/oai_dc.xsd"><dc:coverage>United States, Georgia, Jones County, Clinton, 32.99875, -83.55545</dc:coverage><dc:creator>Seibert, David, 1941-2020</dc:creator><dc:date>1996/2014</dc:date><dc:description>Location: West edge of Clinton at the Dames Ferry Road</dc:description><dc:description>Text of marker: "CLINTON METHODIST CHURCH. This is the first Methodist church and the second church established in Jones Country. Land was appropriated in 1810 and July 14, 1821 a deed to the Clinton Methodists was made effective. The church was "a frame house of good dimensions with substantial stone steps of native granite." A gallery for slaves was removed in 1897. The chandelier and brass wall brackets originally held kerosene lamps. This church was among the first to organize a foreign missionary society. Among the early pastors were Dr. Lovick Pierce and Rev. James Payne, 1836. 084-1 GEORGIA HISTORICAL COMMISSION 1954"</dc:description><dc:format>image/jpeg</dc:format><dc:language>eng</dc:language><dc:rights>http://rightsstatements.org/vocab/InC-EDU/1.0/</dc:rights><dc:subject>Historical markers--Georgia--Jones County</dc:subject><dc:subject>Church buildings--Georgia--Clinton</dc:subject><dc:title>Clinton Methodist Church historical marker</dc:title><dc:type>StillImage</dc:type></oai_dc:dc>