Grady Hospital School of Nursing Collection

Founded in March 1898, the Grady Hospital Training School for Nurses prepared young women from around the region for a career in nursing. Similarly, the Municipal Training School for Colored Nurses opened for African American nurses in 1917. When the schools merged in 1964, the program name was changed to the Grady School of Nursing. The school officially graduated its last class and closed in 1982.

Search Constraints

Search Results