Black-and-white photographs of East Point, Georgia taken between 1947 and 1954.
Minor Studio (Atlanta, Ga.)
Date of Original
Public buildings--Georgia--East Point
Public schools--Georgia--East Point
Recreation facilities--Georgia--East Point
This collection contains photographs, including aerial views of public buildings, private residences, streets, and the business district in East Point, Georgia. Included are images of Russell High School, Harris Street Grammar School, East Point Auditorium, East Point City Hall, the Police Station, Public Library, the Post Office, the Fire Station, and the Atlanta Municipal Airport (now Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport). Also included in the collection are two photographs of a preserved adobe slave cabin located in the East Point area., Minor Studio was a photographic studio located in the Atlanta area approximately 1939 to 1954. The studio was owned by David and Cecile Minor. The studio was first located on Whitehall Street in downtown Atlanta, and later in East Point, a city located south of Atlanta.