Interdenominational Theological Center audio visual collection
Audio recordings spanning the years 1943 to 1969 of sermons and presentations given to ITC students during the 1960s.
More About This Collection
Date of Original
United States, Georgia, 32.75042, -83.50018
Still Image, Sound
The Interdenominational Theological Center (ITC) was chartered in 1958, bringing together four denominational seminaries: Morehouse School of Religion (now Baptist School of Theology), Gammon Theological Seminary, Turner Theological Seminary, and Phillips School of Theology. Johnson C. Smith Theological Seminary, Charles H. Mason Theological Seminary, and Absalom Jones Theological Institute (now closed) later joined the consortium.
THE ITC audio recordings comprise 61 recordings spanning the years 1943 to 1969. The bulk of the recordings capture sermons and presentations given to ITC students during the 1960s. Among the speakers are prominent ITC faculty and staff, including Harry V. Richardson and Charles Copher; clergy from other religious institutions, including Rabbi Jacob Rothschild and Bishop Edgar Amos Love; as well as students and other visiting dignitaries. Topics covered include preaching, church administration, Christian history, and theology.
Atlanta University Center Robert W. Woodruff Library